Monday 8 November 2010

I have to Explain

I have to "fess up" and explain a little bit about my drawings.   Yes, I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher and yes, I do teach Zentangles in the method taught by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas ... but .... I have always drawn using ink and pencil as my medium.   I have years of experience as a self-taught pencil artist (both colour and graphite).   I did once take a few classes with a wonderful artist called Greg Waddle of Tasmania - Greg said to me that I didn't need his instruction but should continue on doing what I was doing because I had a great style  -  it has taken me years to accept what he said to me all those years ago.

These two drawings that I have shown in the previous posts are my "take" on drawing in my style but using Zentangle inspired patterns.   I would do a portrait in the same technique that I have used here, so while I am using Zentangle inspired patterns, it is my style of drawing.   Although I must also state that Maria's wonderful art has also given me great inspiration to take this further.

Thank you to everyone who left me comments and those who emailed me privately - I am working towards getting enough drawings together so I can have an exhibition next year.   If you have any ideas for exhibition sites I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers
Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Jane, Your years of experience shows in your very talented and wonderful work. I am so glad you are accepting your talent and taking it further with Zentangle inspired patterns. Having a lot less experience, it is an inspiration to me to see your work. Looking forward to more "exhibition pieces"! Sue

    ReplyDelete